Medical Leaves and Accommodations Workshop By HR for HR
The Ultimate Guide to California FMLA/CFRA, ADA/FEHA, PDL, and Workers’ Compensation with Handling Related Performance Management and Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Complaint
The workshop will be delivered online via live streaming. So you can take advantage of this incredible training from the comfort of your home.
San Diego, CA - September 17 - 18, 2020
- Location: TBA
- Price: $697 (Live Stream)
Discover the methodology for integrating medical leaves and accommodations efficiently and effectively implementing multiple state and federal regulations with your company policies, procedures, and union contracts.
Learn directly from Beth De Lima, MBA, SPHR-CA, SHRM-SCP. Beth is a nationally recognized Medical Leaves and Accommodations compliance HR expert. She has been ‘in the trenches’ helping companies implement these regulations and providing expert testimony for litigation since they were originally enacted almost 30 years ago. Attorneys often contact her to ask for an opinion.
This comprehensive, interactive, 2-day training will equip you with a proven methodology for managing medical leaves and accommodations without the legalese.
- Master FMLA/CFRA, PDL, Workers’ Compensation, Baby Bonding, and ADA/FEHA medical leave and accommodation management.
- Get exact solutions to your medical leave management challenges without getting confused with legal opinions.
- Learn how to handle intermittent or ongoing medical leaves and accommodations.
- Discover the best practices for handling related performance management issues, and harassment, discrimination, and retaliation challenges.
- Learn how to respond to potential fraud and leave abuse while mitigating the risk of litigation or a lawsuit.
- How to accurately and consistently implement FMLA/CFRA, ADA/FEHA, Pregnancy Disability, and Workers’ Compensation programs, including California’s New Parent Leave.
- Understand which leaves are paid, which require protection of benefits, which need medical certificates, and which can run concurrently.
- How to cure Medical Certificates for employees who are exceeding the leave eligibility designation and how to obtain second opinions.
- How to recognize when employees are not meeting performance standards before leaving or upon return from leave.
- Discover the red flags and landmines to avoid in managing medical leaves and accommodation.
- How to overcome the challenges with Intermittent leaves and Integrated leave policy development.
- How to conduct Good Faith Interactive Meetings and Undue Hardship Analysis/Research.
- How to develop and administer the Essential Functions Job Assessment – how, when, and what to document, and how to inform the employee of the ongoing process.
- Get access to little-known resources for developing Essential Function Job descriptions and accommodation ideas and services.
- Counseling forms, warnings, and how and when to implement and/or terminate even when someone is on FMLA or protected under ADA.
- Learn effective complaint strategies, tips, best practices, and HR Standards of Care on how to impose your companies’ performance management system for employees who have accommodations or protected leave and are not meeting the expectations of the job, or are unable to meet the performance standards with their accommodations.
- Determine eligibility and when you can deny leave with confidence and conviction.
- How to manage employees who are potentially committing fraud.
- Understand how to manage complaints and conduct investigations when an employee on protected ADA, FMLA, or PDL or other protective leave complains of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Learn the employee life cycle, from recruiting to, integrated policies, to transitioning from FMLA to ADA, and transitioning from pregnancy disabilities with PDL/FMLA (potential ADA/FEHA) to CFRA Baby bonding.
- Discover the implications of ADA/ FEHA and FMLA/CFRA running concurrently with other medical leaves including Workers’ Compensation and your company policies.
- Learn how to identify potential fraud and abuse and what you can do to stop it.
What past participants say about this training
“We have been working with Beth De Lima since 2011 with our medical leave management issues.”
We have learned a great deal from her. We now feel better equipped to manage our day-to-day medical absences independently, with their services on speed-dial for the more challenging cases that arise.
General Manager - Mt. Shasta Resort
“I love the format of your website. It’s very clean and intuitive. ”
Thank you for your easy to access resources, they have helped me maximize my effectiveness in addressing the ADA and have the confidence I need to terminate employees who fail to engage in the interactive process, as a result of the well-structured notification process you have designed.
ADA HR Specialist - Kaweah Delta Health Care District
After attending this workshop, you will...
- Gain the confidence of dealing with leave abuse without thinking “Am I doing the right thing?”
- Avoid the costly penalties of non-compliance.
- Stop feeling overwhelmed or confused with compliance issues.
- Workshop agenda and handout
- Five presentations with over 150 slides containing reference material, guidelines, and medical leave/accommodation management best practices
- This workshop is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
“Aha moment” Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
Attend this workshop on day one and if you don’t get at least one “aha” moment until noon, you can choose to cancel your participation and get a 100% money back. No hard feeling.